Well, everyone who is just at beginning of learning how to use Adobe Audition 3.0 does not know how to use and get the effect that he looking for.
I well help you as much I can but I also must tenacious.
So lets get started.
- ECHO - Most of you guys and girls :) wants to add that very nice and smooth echo to your vocals. Let me Show you how to do that.
- First mark the part of the track you want to edit
- Click on effects
- Choose the Delay and echo
- And double-click on echo
- For nice and stereo echo choose Stereo Vocals and do a lil bit editing, just take a look my screenshot where I made some adjusting.
2. DELAY- Most of people thinks that echo and delay are the same thing, well they are wrong. Delay effect gives your vocals feedback at full volume. You can you delay on the begging of the song. Some example :
Beat starts and you want to add a intro lyrics, so it should be like this :
I say YEAH (that "YEAH" will repeat a few times) YEAH yeah....
So How to do that? Its very easy follow me :
- Mark your intro vocals
- Go to Effects list
- Choose Delay and echo
- Pick Delay
- Choose tap slap and check my screenshot to see my customize settings
3. REVERB- reverb is a great effects for those who have a low quality mic. Use reverb to add some power and quality to your vocals.
Follow me to get a right reverb settings :
- mark part of your vocals witch you want to edit
- go to effects
- Choose reverb
- open studio reverb
- then choose Vocal reverb medium
That's about it you do not need make and adjust.
4. TIME AND PITCH
Time and pitch you use to make special effect vocal. Like some robotic vocals, devil, a lil baby etc. I like and use Time and pitch very often. So lets get started :
- Mark vocal part you want to edit
- Go to effects
- choose Time and Pitch
- then pitch shifter
- Now if you want to your vocals sound like devil then choose Deathly II and check my screenshot to make a little corrections
- If You want to your vocals sound like a lil baby then go back and choose stretch and pick a raise pitch and check my screenshot to make some correction
- You can also use stretch to get your vocals sound like a devil, helium, baby faster tempo, lower tempo speed etc. Just a mes a lil bit about it and choose what you like
- 5. AMPLIFY FADE/PROCESSThis effect is one of most used. Adobe Audition Amplify process is just tool to increase the volume of your vocals. If you have a low quality microphone this effect is made for you. My suggestion is before you start to mastering your vocals use amplify process. Mark your vocal and go to edit mode, then choose "amplify fade/process" effect and double-click on it. Then you chose Center Wave and hit ok. Now again go to "amplify fade/process" and chose 3dB boost. This is a way to boost power from your cheap microphone.6. HARD LIMITING PROCESSWell, after you do all mastering you want to do, you must get your vocals in "same line", you do not want to have "peaks" and "puffs". How to eliminate it? Mark you vocal, go to edit mode, chose hard limiting process, and set the settings like this :
7. NOISE REDUCTIONIf you have a low quality equipment you must have a lot of noise and "extra" sounds. This effect will help you to eliminate every other sound that you do not want in your song. How to do that? It is very simple. Mark the part of track containing the "unwanted sound", go to effects, and choose "Noise reduction process". Then you will get the small pop-up window. First thing you must to do is select what sound you do not want. Please select that sound and then click on Capture profile, then wait a little. Now when Adobe Audition finished you request you will get some diagram. Now, be careful, you do not want to have that "ROBOTIC" sound of voice right? Follow me to do it right. First click on "SELECT ENTIRE WAVE" then:
- Limit Max amplitude to -6,5
- Boost input by 1,8
- Look ahead time 7ms
- Release time 100ms ; hit ok.
- your reduction noise level set on 60
- Reduce by : 30dB
- Precision Factor : 6
- Smoothing amount : 1,5
- Spectral Decay rate : 60%