![]() |
| Cool Edit Pro 2.1 |
- Open Cool Edit Pro 2.1
- In first track insert you beat (just find it in your computer and drag it into first track of cool edit pro)
- Now Arm 2nd track and choose MONO recording (left or right whatever)
- Hit the RECORD button and record your verse
- Then arm third track and record your verse again at same way you record the first one
- Arm fourth track and record your verse again at same way you record the second one
- Now you must set the "pan" to your vocals to get cool stereo sound ( second verse pan 40% to right, third verse pan 40% to left)
- Open verse in "EDIT MODE" and mark all track
- Go to effects> Amplitude>Amplify > Center wave hit OK
- Then Dynamic Processing >Very Fast Attack hit OK
- Now go to Filters> Graphic Equalizer > Spit Clear
- Then Filters> Parametric Equalizer > Loudness
- Now go to Amplitude > Hard Limiting and set this settings :
• Boost input by 1,8
• Look ahead time 7ms
• Release time 100ms
Then all you have to do is set your EQ. Always boost high and middle freq. by 2, and low freq set to -1.

Comments
I tried this and with some minor tweaks I got more then decent results.
Thank you very much,
Thank you for stopping by and for very nice comment, come back later for more tutorials.
Peace,
Pro Sound And Vocal Editing
Thank you for stopping by and comment :)
Check out this post
and see why is mono recording better then stereo. This tutorial is for Adobe Audition but the record process is the same as cool edit pro.
1st track +2
2nd track -2
3rd track -2
This problem is individual because I do not know what kind of instrumental you use, what type is your vocal etc.
You should also try to set instrumental and 1st track equal. Let me know did you achieve you goal :)
Peace
Try this out
Greetings
Good luck
Greetings
Have a great day!
My vocal recording sounds excellent.
It's better than those tutorials I've tried on youtube.
Thanks!
Greetings
mire_fm_jam@hotmail.com
Peace
Well there is one song with this settings but this dude have a junk equipment so it`s not real result of this settings. YOu shoud try it and let me know your result.
And yea, check this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_yMP1fEDeM, or leave me e-mail I will send you my own song with this settings . Peace
Peace
And remember ALWAYS make sure that the distance from you and your mic is in 15-20cm range. No to close cuz you will get peaks and "pufs", not to far cuz you will get to extra sounds.
Peace!!
Cool Edit Pro Tutorials Autotune
I was wondering if I would be able to copy the verse twice instead of recording it two more times? I have a fear that I won't be able to get all three to sound EXACTLY the same.
First one is to check your sound card properties and make sure you did not burn it.
Second thing you can do is to reinstall Cool Edit and try again. Previously do the backup.
Peace